Monday, April 7, 2014

Spaceship




So in Digital Media, we were assigned to create a 3D model of a spaceship of our own design and then use various spaceships made by members of the class to create a short film. So...first off, here is the film:


Now I need to answer some response questions, so please excuse the mandatory derpiness I was assigned to write.

Reflect on your persistence throughout the project. Were you able to maintain focus and care while working through challenges? I feel that I was able to maintain most of my focus throughout the project. There were times when I took a break to rest my mind for a bit, but eventually, I was able to buckle down and finish it, and I love it.

Reflect on plot design, storyboarding, laser and explosion animations, sound and credits. I think my film matches up relatively well to the storyboard and plot I had designed. I think the explosion and laser animations could've gone a bit a faster in their respective scenes. I like the soundtrack that I created, even though I had initially planned to use an actual song (Livin' in the Sunlight by Tiny Tim) for the soundtrack, because I worked hard to make the right measures line up. I think the credits look pretty good, as well.

Discuss success and recommendations (if you were to complete the project again). If I were to do this project again, I would probably compress my storyboard a bit, get rid of a few more scenes than I already had. I would certainly make animating a bit easier. I would also try harder to stay focused. And if I could, I would go with my initial choice for the soundtrack instead of the loop tracks that Apple includes in Garageband.

So...yeah...that's my movie. Hope you liked it. Bye
-Rachael <3

No comments:

Post a Comment