Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Spaceship Critique Reflection

So, this is in reference of my post with my spaceship animation on it...in our class, we watched everyone's animations and gave the creators a critique on their work. So yeah...

1) Examine the comments you received on your animation.

Okay, I'm examining them...these are definitely comments...

2) Reflect on what you feel you did best.

I think I animated most of the scenes really well...There's one or two that I wish I had done better on. It was lit very well, and the camera movements and angles were really good.

3) Reflect on what your classmates said you did well.

I notice a few recurring comments:
  • good music
  • good variety of angles
  • animation flowed well
  • the opening credits looked good
  • good length
  • etc.

4) Reflect on what you feel you need to improve on.

In my opinion, the scene where most of the ships explode could've been animated better, and the music was really repetitive. I thought it was too bright and my storyboard didn't really match some of the scenes I used.


5) Reflect on what your classmates suggested you improve on.

Others opinions were thus:

  • it was a bit repetitive at times, like in the scene of Monica's ship exploding and in the music
  • the lighting could've been a bit darker
  • use less transitions/cuts
  • line things up with the Rule of Thirds more
  • the plot could've been better developed
So...basically most of the things I thought I could improve on.


6) Finally, write a statement on your strengths and weaknesses and formulate a plan for what to focus on during future projects. What can you improve? What are your strengths and how can you make them even better?

I think most of it was well animated and the music was repetitive and odd, but a good choice. I could improve on my animating skills. I'm good with modeling, lighting, and transitions, but I think more practice is definitely a good option.

No comments:

Post a Comment